Origin of place names in Chongqing
This is the legendary nine-dragon (Jiulong) beach. The nine-dragon beach was established here during the Ming Dynasty. The Jiulongpo wharf, Jiulongpo airport and Jiulongpo Town were built successively during the Anti-Japanese War. It was officially named Jiulongpo District from Disi (the fourth) District in 1955.
Yubei District 渝北区
The north (bei) of Yuzhou. It is located in the north of Chongqing urban area. It was changed from Jiangbei County to Yubei District in 1994.
Nan’an District 南岸区
The south bank (Nan’an) of Yangtze River. It was named Nan’an District from Diwu (the fifth) District in 1955.