Chongqing releases high temperature “defence guide”
The “summer tiger” continues to thrive, and citizens are wearing cool and refreshing clothes.
CHONGQING (CQNEWS) -- After publishing high temperature orange alert for four successive days, Chongqing Meteorological Bureau recently has “released” this year’s first high temperature red alert, recently.
The temperature live maps are also “blasted with overwhelming heat” that is widespread in Chongqing. The maximum air temperature of most cities in Chongqing is more than 37℃ and the highest air temperature of 8 districts or counties is more than 40℃.
Jointly publish high temperature “defence guide”
What is the right way to prevent heatstroke and cool down in such a scorching season in which “5 minutes outgoing can make you sweat for 2 hours”?
It is measured that when the temperature is at 35℃～39.9℃, people will feel extremely hot and when the temperature is over 40℃, people will feel blisteringly hot. As the long duration of the hot weather will severely impair the normal function of human body, we should pay special attention to heatstroke prevention and cooling.
The most direct influence of the high temperature on people’s health is heatstroke. Recently, Chongqing Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning and Chongqing Meteorological Bureau have jointly published high temperature “defence guide”:
1. Adjust and arrange the working hours in a scientific way. The working hours should generally be below 6 hours and the work done during the period of high temperature from 12 a.m. to 16 p.m. should be suspended. If they cannot be suspended, the outdoor work should at least be suspended.
2. Replenish water and inorganic salt properly. Strengthen the moisture replenishment by replenishing the water in small quantities at many times. The replenishment of inorganic salt should be mainly dependent on the common salt which is from the vegetable soup, pickles or salt soda water during three meals. The inorganic salt can also be replenished through vegetables, fruits, beans and beverages that are abundant in inorganic salt.
3. Replenish more water soluble vitamin. When planning your daily diet, pay attention to choose foods with more vitamin.
4. Replenish protein and thermal energy properly. Under high temperature environment, the body is prone to negative nitrogen balance, so it is necessary to increase the protein uptake properly, but not too much.
5. Try to improve your appetite. The three meals should be arranged after you get up and 1-2 hours before or after work to adapt to your bad appetite after working. Eat salad properly and use more sour or spicy seasoning. It is better to drink some vegetable soup before a meal to improve your appetite. (Translated by Ma Yanping, Fathom Language Limited)